Academic Module of the IELTS test held in London, UK on May 2019
Listening Part of the IELTS Test
Section 1. A woman asked for information about some courses for children.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Section 2. A student discussed with his tutor project preparation on dinosaurs and ancient birds.
Questions: multiple choice.
Section 4. A lecture about underground ventilation systems.
Questions: multiple choice, True/False/Not Given.
Reading Part of the IELTS Test
Passage 1. About the mystery of ill-fated Franklin’s expedition.
Passage 2. About two types of bees and their behaviour. Also about ranks in their habitat.
Passage 3. About production of eco-friendly packaging.
Writing Section of the IELTS Test
Writing Task 1
We were given a diagram showing the production process and usage of natural gas. We had to summarise and describe the data.
Writing Task 2
Nowadays people can buy a large variety of household goods, more than ever before in most countries in the world. Is this a good or bad development? Give your opinion and examples.
Speaking Part of the IELTS Test
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Can you describe your job?
– Would you change anything at your workplace?
– Let’s talk about your morning routine.
– Did it change since your childhood?
– Do you think breakfast is important or not? Why?
– Do you listen to music a lot?
– Have you been to a live concert?
– What kind of music do you like and dislike? Why?
– Would you consider learning to play an instrument?
Describe a beautiful city that you visited recently. Please say
– What and where is it?
– How did you know about it?
– Why do you think it is beautiful?
– Do you like cities’ architecture? Why?
– Why usually there are high buildings in city centres?
– What is the difference between life in the city and in countryside?
– Is it true that cities have lost contact with nature?